Father Christmas might like to check his lists multiple times, but I’m sure you have other things you’d rather be doing. As your business expands, your need for a comprehensive system to keep track of inventory and crucial business information becomes more evident. That’s where a programme like Cin7 Core (previously known as DEAR) or Unleashed inventory management software comes in handy.
Let’s look at Unleashed and Cin7 Core.
As soon as you have multiple products that require a warehouse, you’ll want to keep track of the receiving and storage. Cin7 Core is a cloud-based ERP programme owned by Cin7, a pioneering inventory and order management software company. It assists with everything from inventory management, manufacturing and sales integration, to reporting and automation. It is suitable for retail, wholesale, and manufacturing.
You’ll be forgiven for not knowing what an ERP is exactly, so let’s break it down. ERP stands for enterprise resource planning, a type of software you can use to streamline day-to-day business activities such as accounting, procurement, project management, risk management and supply chain operations. There are different ERP software options available and which one your organisation uses depends on your business size, industry and specific requirements.
Who is it for?
It’s for all those small businesses with 10 to 500 employees that want everything in one system, including accounting, eCommerce, inventory management, manufacturing, and POS, at a fraction of the cost of ERPs.
Let’s look at a few of its features.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) is an efficient system that aids in your order fulfilment processes. You’ll be able to easily manage large product volumes, generate product data automatically, operate multiple locations, and streamline your stocktake.
- Online B2B portal gives your customers the ability to automate and manage their orders directly from your web portal. Customers can browse your online catalogue and place orders. You’ll be able to fulfil and track your customer’s orders easily, and best of all, it integrates with Cin7 Core Inventory to ensure your stock is monitored.
- A key feature any dynamic organisation wants is automation. Cin7 Core gives you notifications, scheduled reporting, tasks, reminders and workflow automation.
- Cin7 Core integrates with accounting apps like Xero and QuickBooks to remove the hassle of accounting data entry. Cin7 Core automatically create entries and sync invoices, bills, payments, and more, straight to the app.
- Point of Sale (POS) platform integrates with the Cin7 Core inventory. It helps with layby, account and loyalty points, refunds and returns, and cash management.
- Slow load times
- Customer support is a bit slow to respond to queries. However, they often release new features to address user’s needs and the software has fewer limitations than Unleashed.
- The reporting is limited.
- There is no shipping management feature.
Unleashed Inventory Management
Unleashed is a cloud-based inventory management platform designed for manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, exporters and importers. It is excellent for organisations that sell through e-commerce or move bulk stock. You can fast-track all sides of your business and remove the risk that comes with a paper trail.
One difference between Unleashed and a Point of Sale (POS) system is that in a POS system, goods are exchanged for cash, while with Unleashed, the goods are shipped with a packing slip and an invoice is to be billed later.
Who is it for?
Unleashed is one of the top small-business inventory software options on the market. Best for manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, exporters and importers. It is perfect for small to medium-sized businesses with 10-500 employees who are involved in warehousing.
Let’s look at a few of its features.
- Perpetual inventory system and reporting. The system updates in real-time so you can keep track of your profit margins without the need to do month-end journals.
- Unleashed is cloud-based and accessible on your smartphone so the sales team can make sales, work efficiently, and develop relationships with the customers outside of the office.
- Manufacturers can calculate the cost of the finished product through costed product assembly and disassembly, costed purchase orders and bill of materials. It also includes additional costings and taxes so that the costs involved in getting the goods to the warehouse are factored into the final costs to ensure accurate margins.
- If you produce perishables, you will want to keep track of your product lifecycles and expiry dates. Unleashed makes batch tracking simple.
- Unleashed also enables you to keep track of stock across multiple warehouses, in multiple locations, anywhere in the world.
- Unleashed doesn’t allow bin or bay locations for you to track products in a warehouse.
- Point of sale – Unleashed doesn’t have payment integration. It is not designed for a retail-type environment but integrates with other POS apps.
- Custom-made manufacturers – Organisations that make unique, one-of-a-kind items, such as kitchen designers, boat builders and glass manufacturers, can’t load their products as there is no consistent ‘recipe’ for the products.
- Demand forecasting – Unleashed can’t accurately predict the future demand for seasonal, commodity-based or FMCG products.
- Purchase order costing methods – the freight costs for products with differences in weight, size or other measurements are not assigned. By default, Unleashed assigns the freight costs by value.
Chat to the team at Radical Cloud Solutions if you would like to find out more about Unleashed or Cin7 Core to streamline your production process.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]